These instructions enable connections to EchoMark but no email will be routed through those connections until your domains are verified and activated has been completed as outline in the main instructions: Configure Email Integration for Microsoft Exchange
1. Ensure you have correct privileges
Before starting, ensure that you are an Admin in your Exchange account and that you have an EchoMark Enterprise account with admin privileges. Both are required to complete the process.
2. Update your DNS Settings
If you haven't already, you'll need to update your DNS Settings to ensure that messages routed through EchoMark do not get reported as spam.
3. Configure an Outbound Connector
An Outbound Connector will allow email to be routed to EchoMark from your Exchange account, based on mail flow rules.
- Navigate to the the Exchange Admin center, and go to Mail flow > Connectors.
- Click Add a connector.
- In the New connector section, choose Office 365 for the "Connection from" field and ensure "Connection to" is set to Your organization's email server. Then press Next.
- Name the Connector "EchoMark Outbound Connector." And ensure Turn it on and Retain internal Exchange email address headers are checked before pressing next.
- Under Use of connector select Only when I have a transport rule set up that redirects messages to this connector.
- In Routing, enter smtp.app.echomark.com, press the add button (+).
- Under Security restrictions, ensure Always use Transport Layer Security is checked before pressing next.
- Validate the outbound connector by typing any email address, clicking the add (+) button and, and then the Validate button. Once validation succeeds, press next.
- On the final "Review Connector" page, press Create Connector.
4. Configure an Inbound Connector
The Inbound connector will allow EchoMarked messages return to your Exchange server, where they will then be routed to their final destinations.
- Once again, from the Connectors page, press Add a connector.
- In the New connector page, select Your organization's email server and press next.
- Name the Connector EchoMark Inbound Connector, and ensure Turn it on and Retain internal Exchange email headers are checked before pressing next.
- On the Authenticating sent email page, select the first option and provide the domain name, smtp.app.echomark.com. Then press next.
- Under "Review connector, press Create connector.
5. Continue setup
Move on to the next step to complete the setup instructions: Configure Email Integration for Microsoft Exchange